Prospective Marriage Visa
This visa allows you to enter Australia and marry your intended fiancé within the visa's nine month validity period. Prospective Marriage visa holders must marry their fiancé (e) within the visa's validity period and are required to apply for a spouse visa if they wish to remain in Australia permanently with their spouse.
To be eligible to apply for a Prospective Marriage visa
• The applicant must be an Australian Citizen or be a Permanent Resident or an eligible New Zealand Citizen.
The following things are to be demonstrated with proofs for the approval of visa application:
• should personally know and have physically met their fiance(e);
• are engaged to their fiance(e)
• will marry their fiance(e) within the visa validity period
• and iIntend to live in a genuine spousal relationship with their fiance(e).
A Prospective Marriage visa must be applied for offshore and applicants are required to be outside Australia at the time when visa is granted. Australian visa applicants are required to satisfy health and character requirements.
With this visa, you:
• must enter Australia before you marry your fiancé
• may leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you wish before your visa ceases (nine months after visa grant)
• can work in Australia
• can apply for a Partner visa in Australia after you marry your fiancé
• can study, but you will not have access to government funding
• may use Australia's medical expenses and hospital care assistance scheme, Medicare, but only if you are in Australia and have already applied for a Partner visa.